- Fourteen classrooms with Broadband access
- Interactive whiteboards in all mainstream classrooms
- iPads: Each classroom is fitted with state of the art interactive whiteboards, projectors and many class computers. Recently, Scoil Iósaf received a selection of iPads which the students will use to further develop their love of learning
- Halla: One place that is always a height of activity is our school hall, famously known as the ‘halla’. Our hall is home to many activities from weekly PE classes, Basketball and camogie with Noel and Ciara, to assemblies, choir rehearsals, prayer services, concerts and cultural activities. Each class is allocated a specific time during the week to use the hall.
- Sensory room: All our children can avail of our sensory room in Scoil Iósaf to unwind and have a break while at the same time engage in the environment around them. Featuring a Calming LED Bubble Tube and soft padded plinth our pupils can sit close to the tube and watch as the bubbles steadily rise while their colour slowly changes.
The mirror ball produces spots of light that rotate around the room while the projector shows calming images that slowly rotate, creating a wonderful soothing environment. The brightly coloured balls inside our ball pool create a rainbow sea of fun and entice children of all ages into the therapy environment. The balls massage the entire body, provide buoyant support, deep-pressure sensation and encourage relaxation.
Wall and floor padding is also included to create a ‘safe’ area for students to sit or lie down and enjoy the calming music and lighting.
- Assembly Hall, with a stage, which is used for all indoor sports activities, meetings, school assemblies and concerts
- Two large playgrounds (upper and lower yards) and a green area
- New soft surface playground
- Training Pitch
- Outdoor basketball court
- School garden
- Woodland nature walk
Extra Curricular Activities
West Limerick Primary Schools Basketball
7 A Side Gaelic Football
Cycling Safety Course
Teanga bheo chumarsáide í an Ghaeilge i Scoil Iósaf. Tá an atmaisféar sa scoil an fabhrach don Ghaeilge. Cothaímíd spéis agus grá don teanga in atmaisféar taitneamhach gan bhrú.
Molaimíd do na paistí páirt a ghlachadh in imeachtaí Gaeilge an cheantair taobh amuigh agus taobh istigh den scoil; féilte, comórtais áitiúla, cluichí, damhsaí, ceol, drámaíocht, Aifreann lá le Pádraig, Radio áitiúla srl ….
Drama / Out of School Trips
- School concerts are held each year.
- Educational trips are organised to venues such as The Belltable Arts Centre, L.I.T. and the University Concert Hall in Limerick etc.
- Drama groups visit the school each year to stage various stage productions.
- School excursions are also organised in the final term to suit all the different age groups.
Music is an important part of the Curriculum in Scoil Iósaf . The development of musical literacy is closely linked with the song singing programme and is expanded through playing various musical instruments. The tin whistle is taught from 1st to 6th class.
Scoil Iósaf fosters in its pupils an awareness of the needs of others by supporting fundraising activities for such organisations as Third World organisations and local charities.
Click on an image to view in fullscreen size.