Information for Parents
If you are interested in sending your child to Scoil Iósaf please click here to download an application form and then print it off.
When you have completed the form, please return it to Scoil Iósaf, Knockane Rd, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick and we will be in contact with you as soon as your application has been processed.
Uniform at Scoil Iósaf consists of the following:
Grey pinafore, grey cardigan, white shirt, red tie and white or red socks. All of which can be bought locally.
School Tracksuit available at local shops.
The School Day
The School premises opens at 8:30 a.m.
The school day commences at 8:50 a.m.
Morning break 10:45 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
Lunch 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The school day finishes at 2:30 p.m.
The Infant school day is from 8:50 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Copies of all school policies and plans are available on request from the school Principal.
Child Safeguarding Statement
View or download our Child Safeguarding Statement
Lunchbox Ideas and Suggestions
Here are some tips for packing a healthy lunch.
- Use wholemeal or wholegrain varieties of breads, rolls, scones and crackers
- Use butter or spreads sparingly and use those low in saturated fat
- Include salad vegetables in sandwiches and salad boxes, e.g. lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot and use vegetable sticks
Include at least one piece of fruit at lunch e.g. apple, orange, banana
- Encourage low fat milk or yoghurt with every lunch
- Ensure that meat, chicken, fish, egg or cheese is included as part of lunch
- Include a drink at lunch e.g., water, unsweetened pure fruit juice or diluted sugar free squash
Using low fat dressings, sauces and relish can add variety and taste to sandwiches, rolls and salads.
Taken from: Food and Nutrition Guidelines for Primary Schools. Department of Health and Children 2.
Simple Snack Ideas
Snacks can be healthy and do not have to be ‘junk food’.
- Small pack of raisins or fruit and nut mix
- Crunchy whole grain cereals
- Fresh vegetables or fruit served plain or with low-fat yogurt
- Rice cakes, whole grain crackers, or whole grain bread served with low-fat cheese, fruit spread or peanut butter
- Homemade fruit smoothie made with low-fat milk or yogurt and frozen or fresh fruit
You will find more suggestions and ideas on the following websites: